take pride in having serviced the electric equipment needs of the
Northeast for over 60 years.
Edgar Craven founded Penn Panel & Box Company in 1938 and he
carved out the custom niche that would carry the company well into
the future. His son, George T. Craven, took over in the 50s and
was largely responsible for the company's expansion to its present
magnitude. His planning, leadership, and vision shaped the company
into the 80s. George T. (Kip) Craven, Jr. took over upon his father's
retirement and has continued in the tradition of integrity, quality,
and service that has been the company's cornerstone.
located at 120 Market Street in Philadelphia, the company moved
to its current location in Collingdale, Pennsylvania,
in 1955. The new building furnished greatly expanded production
capability, as well as superior office facilities. In 1986, the
executive, operational, data processing, and engineering offices
were completely refurbished, creating modern, efficient work areas,
as well as providing additional space for future expansion.
complete CAD/CAM system increased throughput in the engineering
and manufacturing processes. New, more efficient machinery was added
in the plant to further improve production. The plant expansion,
including a state-of-the-art painting facility, was completed in
1987. This, coupled with a complete reorganization of the inventory
and work center locations, added considerably to the production
capability and manufacturing efficiency of the plant. We continue
today to improve the capability to respond to our customers' needs
by making significant investments in upgrading both metalworking
machinery and information systems.
T. "Kip" Craven Jr. has been with Penn Panel and Box Company since
his graduation from the University of Pennsylvania in 1973. He has
a degree in Electrical Engineering, as well as previous service
in the U.S. Navy.
a continual commitment to quality, and a reputation for customer
support, Penn Panel and Box Company will continue to meet the specialized
requirements of the electrical community in the Delaware Valley